Friday, December 19, 2014

Introductions Are in Order!

The CraftFusion family is once again growing with the addition of another new artist and talented instructor to the team . . . Carmen Whitehead
“Hi!  I'm Carmen Whitehead and I live in Chandler, AZ.  I'm a single mom of two incredible young adult kids, and one furry baby named Rosie.  I'm a self-taught Mixed Media Artist with a love of everything vintage.  I think that's why I try to incorporate vintage items and ephemera into all my canvases, tags, and cards.  I also use many encouraging and inspiring words or phrases in my work.  As a 3-year survivor of Stage III Ovarian Cancer, art was part of my healing and is now my full-time career.  I want my work to encourage (others) to seek their dreams, never give up, and to trust the journey.  I'm a true believer and example that it's never too late to find your passion . . . Recently I was published in two art magazines* and it’s been the highlight of my career.  It was truly an honor to have my art featured.
If you love art journaling and mixed media art as much as Carmen, you'll want to be the first to make your reservations to spend an exciting evening with her in the first Workshop of her new "Art Journaling Workshop Series" beginning February 27, 2015.  Join us in welcoming her to our extremely talented Family!

 

 

* Somerset Studio ~ July/Aug 2014 ~ "Last Page" (pg. 160)
Somerset Studio Gallery ~ Winter 2015 ~ "Artist Spotlight" Mixed-Media Landscapes (pages 108-110)

CraftFusion
(480) 821-3758
2986 No. Alma School Rd. #4 ~ Chandler, AZ 85224
s/w corner of Alma School & Elliot Roads in the former Mervyn's Plaza
(located between Zoe's Quilts & Catherine's)
Tuesday - Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm  ~  Closed Sunday & Monday
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment